1 reply to this topic

#1 deadonarrival

deadonarrival
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:50 PM

The biggest problem with PHP freaks forums, in my humble opinion, is that it is TOO focused on what it is.

There are a small group of people who will sit here and answer questions, and the majority of users who come along, ask their question and scoot off again... why?

I think it's probably because there is nowhere to just chat, everything is PHP related. What about a "non-php" forum, where we can discuss whatever else our nerdy little minds want.

For example... what does the X mean in ATI graphics, and on my new notebook what is the difference between the x200 (the one I have got) and the m200 (the one I was going to get), I would love to ask it here and chat to some of the lovely guys and gals: but instead I have to go hunting for a graphics cards forum (they all suck btw - don't bother).

Anyway, cheers for listening/reading =P and if anybody happens to know about my graphics while they're reading my suggestion... ;-)

<3 DeadOnArrival
DO {
$this->time_warp("Jump to the left","Step to the right","Bend knees in time");
} WHILE (2>1)

Warning: The above post may not make a lot of sense, and the sentence structure will suck. I tend to ramble a lot. Sorry ;-)

#2 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

You could try our Miscellaneous forum, you can chat about anything in there :)

With regards to the X in the ATI X-Series cards, I believe it denotes that the GPU has native PCI-Express support. Dont know much about ATI's onboard chipsets so can't offer much help there, although I know that the m200 allows you to dedicate some of the system memory for graphics, ontop of its 128MiB dedicated memory, does the x200 do that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users