Somewhere for general chat.

The biggest problem with PHP freaks forums, in my humble opinion, is that it is TOO focused on what it is.

There are a small group of people who will sit here and answer questions, and the majority of users who come along, ask their question and scoot off again... why?

I think it's probably because there is nowhere to just chat, everything is PHP related. What about a "non-php" forum, where we can discuss whatever else our nerdy little minds want.

For example... what does the X mean in ATI graphics, and on my new notebook what is the difference between the x200 (the one I have got) and the m200 (the one I was going to get), I would love to ask it here and chat to some of the lovely guys and gals: but instead I have to go hunting for a graphics cards forum (they all suck btw - don't bother).

Anyway, cheers for listening/reading =P and if anybody happens to know about my graphics while they're reading my suggestion... ;-)

<3 DeadOnArrival

You could try our Miscellaneous forum, you can chat about anything in there :)

With regards to the X in the ATI X-Series cards, I believe it denotes that the GPU has native PCI-Express support. Dont know much about ATI's onboard chipsets so can't offer much help there, although I know that the m200 allows you to dedicate some of the system memory for graphics, ontop of its 128MiB dedicated memory, does the x200 do that?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.