Table Bug

moberemk

I've been working on a more CSS-based design for PHPNuke, and so far, it works fine, except for on the forums page (http://mobblog.byethost2.com/modules.php?name=Forums). If you look at it in Firefox, Opera, Netscape, and basically any other recent browser, it looks fine. Once you look at it in IE, everything but the top navigation table shifts down beneath the left column for some reason. I've also put in a Strict doctype.

You are using width="100%" in the table, this will take the entire width of the screen in IE if the parent elements don't have a width set up.

you can try to add the _width:80% or something like that (including the _) so only IE will read it.

P.S. put the _width:##% after the width:##%

Aww man, I forgot to take out width="100%" on my Glance table. Probably should have noticed that one. Thanks for pointing that out for me.
EDIT: All it does, however, is make the table at minimum width. Is there any way of doing this that does NOT involve setting a width? Because, as my two-column CSS shows, I can't get a width for that center column. I need a way to make that table stretch across the <div> like the forums tables do. And before you say to do it the way I did the bottom tables, I don't even know how that works.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.