3 replies to this topic

#1 aaron118

aaron118
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

I can't access phpmyadmin. Under the security page I secured the phpmyadmin by setting it to make me have to log into for now on. But now I can't access the damn thing, it thinks my password must be wrong. I have done all it asked and now I can't access phpmyadmin. My password is not wrong. Is there anyway to change it? I re-installed it. When I give the MYSQL a password it still won't let me log into phpmyadmin. Any ideas?

Thanks

#2 jvrothjr

jvrothjr
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:20 PM

[!--quoteo(post=384691:date=Jun 16 2006, 02:10 PM:name=aaron118)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(aaron118 @ Jun 16 2006, 02:10 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I can't access phpmyadmin. Under the security page I secured the phpmyadmin by setting it to make me have to log into for now on. But now I can't access the damn thing, it thinks my password must be wrong. I have done all it asked and now I can't access phpmyadmin. My password is not wrong. Is there anyway to change it? I re-installed it. When I give the MYSQL a password it still won't let me log into phpmyadmin. Any ideas?

Thanks
[/quote]

well the user name may have been set as localhost id only and not % which would mean you have to be on the box that mysql is installed on but if it is set to % then you could login with phpadmin on any machine and not just the localhost box...........
If you understand everything you know nothing!

http://rcchjr.awardspace.com/

#3 aaron118

aaron118
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:47 PM

The password and login are the same as the localhost ID.

#4 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:05 PM

FTP into your site, open up the phpmyadmin dir, grab the config.php file and see what you have the password part set to. That will answer alot of questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users