How do I join mp3 files together?

sbo1

I would like to join short some mp3 files together for people to listen to on their mp3 players.

These will not be illegal files.

I will not know what files to join until they are requested and the order of the files is important and will vary.

I don't know where to really start. Could it be done as a playlist that lists the files to play that the users could download aolng with the playlist. I don't even know thje structure of an mp3 playlist. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Steven O.

I have dynamically created playlists before, different playlist formats are structured in different ways. What I did was create a playlist in WMP and opened it with a text editor to see how it was formatted, it was then easy to create with PHPs file functions, and then just save it with the correct extension.

[!--quoteo(post=384751:date=Jun 16 2006, 03:52 PM:name=Steven34)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Steven34 @ Jun 16 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]384751[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I would like to join short some mp3 files together for people to listen to on their mp3 players.

These will not be illegal files.

I will not know what files to join until they are requested and the order of the files is important and will vary.

I don't know where to really start. Could it be done as a playlist that lists the files to play that the users could download aolng with the playlist. I don't even know thje structure of an mp3 playlist. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Steven O.
[/quote]

you could play around with system commands. try to find a command line program to join the files
[code]
$command = "<program> join 1.mp3 2.mp3";

s ystem($command, $output);
[/code]
no space for the above command

you could use besweet to join the files. check the command and replace it.

That should do the job!

Thank you so much for the replies! It is so nice that you both take time to help out. Thanks you both.

P. S To anyone who wants to add more or elaborate please feel free to do so. I am still learning and am glad of all help. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.