I need help protecting some code lines

unforgotten

Hello,

I have a template I designed and coded for php-nuke platform that I would like to give for free but the only thing is that I want the person which will download the template to not be able to alter nor delete my copyrights. My copyrights are represented as an jpg image linking to my web-site. I am not a coder I only know the basics to get me around so I would like to know if there is a way to protect that jpg image displaying my copyrights from been alter or delete.

A friend of mine suggested something like this:
[code]$keepimage = "dir/to/image/image.jpg"; [/code]

and somewhere in the footer.php file to put in a rule like

[code]if $keepimage === TRUE; { } else{ echo "THIS IMAGE IS MISSING";} [/code]

I am not a coder so I would like to know if there is a way to protect this and if so how?

There might not be a way to fully protect this as I have to give them the source code of the template so they can use it but than I would not mind at least making it harder for those regular people with not much of coding experience so they are unable to alter nor delete the copyrights on it due to their low coding knowledge.

Thanks!,
John

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.