E-mail image... safe from spam?

cgm225

I have a png image of my e-mail address on a website.  It is a simple image of the address in verdana font, 12px in size.  The image is not altered in any other way (no watermark, no skewing of the image, etc... as you see with some CATCHAs).  The img tag has empty alt and title attributes...

My question is this: am I safe from getting spam due to this image? (as opposed to having an actual link) Or can some "bots" still read the image?

I've always found it handy to never have your actual email address known by anyone.  I set up email address as needed that forwards the mail to my actual email.  If the current forward I'm using starts getting lots of spam, I phase it out over a few weeks then start using a new one.  I have another email address which I point my old forwards to so I can still check if anyone is still using an old one. 

Seems like a hassle but it works for me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.