2 replies to this topic

#1 Sephiriz

Sephiriz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:15 PM

Unfortunantly, a problem I had with apache on another computer (I had fixed it, but now I do not have the file, and I do not remember how I did it), and it has repeated on my current one.

I am running Windows XP with a cable modem, using a routher, and a firewall. I am using Apache 1.3.23

I have it set to listen to Port 8000, so I connect on my computer with localhost:8000

For others to connect, I give them:

http://24.188.93.111:8000/

Yet, they cannot connect. I am very unsure as to what the problem can be, and I exhausted myself looking up and down, and if I look again, I\'m sure I won\'t find it, mostly because I\'m pooped. So I turn to you guys, tell me what might be wrong?
Check out the X Community
PHP Manual | Learn XML | Safe PHP Scripting | Regular Expression Help

Current Project(s):
I. phpRetrograde - PHP5 to PHP4.
II. str_replace_count - Replace a string specified amount of times. III. WordStem - Extract word-stems from strings.

#2 effigy

effigy
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:54 AM

1. is your router directing port 8000 requests to the internal ip of your xp box?
2. is your xp firewall running?
Regexp | Unicode Article | Letter Database
/\A(e)?((1)?ff(?:(?:ig)?y)?|f(?:ig)?)\z/

#3 Sephiriz

Sephiriz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 November 2003 - 02:15 AM

1. How do I check?
2. No

I believe my cable modem has a firewall too, but by setting to 8000, that should have been eliminated. I don\'t understand why it won\'t work on my current comp... help appreciated.
Check out the X Community
PHP Manual | Learn XML | Safe PHP Scripting | Regular Expression Help

Current Project(s):
I. phpRetrograde - PHP5 to PHP4.
II. str_replace_count - Replace a string specified amount of times. III. WordStem - Extract word-stems from strings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users