KevMck Productions - Media Services

frustrated

Hello,

I have a site I recently did that I would appreciate your critiques on design and that sort of thing.

[a href=\"http://www.kevmckenzie.com/\" target=\"_blank\"]KevMck Productions - MS Media Services[/a]

Thanks in advance and Happy Father's Day to any dads out there!

Looks fine, and nice and professional. But take out the Personal link-all that does is make me lose respect for you as a webdesigner with it's... um... I don't think the vocabulary exists for it. Also, I'd suggest taking the footer and moving it into the site box itself, so it doesn't feel so detached. Once you add more of a border to the main site box, it should look much better.

Other than what has already been said...and this is probably more for the site owner...but you should recommend that they dont;

a. Use a hotmail address. I can't imagine the host company does not provide at least a few email addresses for the site. I would think a site was unprofessional if I could not email someone at that site's address.

b. have the address on the website like that. Email addresses typed out like that are easliy harvested and they will start getting spam from it. Create a contact form with a security image to help prevent bots from you using the form for spam.

Maybe you already did say something about this. I know how that can be.

• 4 weeks later...
The site looks really good. I can only comment one thing about the design you might want to fix: one line too may in what could pass as a footer. Try to summarize the bottom two lines into one. It's only a minor issue, but if you fix it you can say you've got a really professional site. Because it's clean otherwise. Good colourscheme, good blend of navigation and content, nice overall solid look. My compliments.

P.S. Keep the white bars. It's a nice detail. Although it doesn't serve any pratical function, I feel you should keep them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.