any idea codes ect??

#2 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:39 PM

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you are asking. Do you want to know how to get people to your site?

I'd suggest actually creating the site first, and then asking that question in a SEO or marketing forum. You can't write some code that attracts surfers to your site...

#3 runnerjp

runnerjp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:47 PM

[!--quoteo(post=385375:date=Jun 18 2006, 01:39 PM:name=SemiApocalyptic)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SemiApocalyptic @ Jun 18 2006, 01:39 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I'm not sure if I fully understand what you are asking. Do you want to know how to get people to your site?

I'd suggest actually creating the site first, and then asking that question in a SEO or marketing forum. You can't write some code that attracts surfers to your site...
[/quote]

noooo write i wanna make a script that like means ppl send me an email with pictures of themselfs in plus information text about them selfs

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:48 PM

it depends on what kind of information you want to get from the user. some information, like their browser, ip, etc.. can be grabbed from global variables. For other information (like their email address, name, etc..) you have to make an html form and then you can grab the posted information with php through things like $_POST.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#5 runnerjp

runnerjp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:51 PM

[!--quoteo(post=385380:date=Jun 18 2006, 01:48 PM:name=Crayon Violent)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Crayon Violent @ Jun 18 2006, 01:48 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
it depends on what kind of information you want to get from the user. some information, like their browser, ip, etc.. can be grabbed from global variables. For other information (like their email address, name, etc..) you have to make an html form and then you can grab the posted information with php through things like $_POST.
[/quote]

ahh rite i have created a php script so i can get information about ppl so they fill in text n stuff its just getting them to upload pictures and email it to me on same script i find the problem

#6 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

again, you aren't being very clear. do you mean that you are wanting to combine several things into a single script? you would have to setup some conditioning, like

if (!$_POST) {
//echo form
} else {
//process information
}

Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#7 runnerjp

runnerjp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:56 PM

[!--quoteo(post=385384:date=Jun 18 2006, 01:54 PM:name=Crayon Violent)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Crayon Violent @ Jun 18 2006, 01:54 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
again, you aren't being very clear. do you mean that you are wanting to combine several things into a single script? you would have to setup some conditioning, like

if (!$_POST) {
//echo form
} else {
//process information
}
[/quote]

sorry rite here is script i made to gather infomation and send it to me in email

<?

$mailto = 'contact@werun2win.com';

$subject = "werun2win.com";

$formurl = "http://www.werun2win.com/contact.html";

$thankyouurl = "http://www.werun2win.com/thanks.html";

$uself = 0;

$headersep = (!isset( $uself ) || ($uself == 0)) ? "\r\n" : "\n";
$name = $_POST['name'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
$comments = $_POST['comments'];
$http_referrer = getenv( "HTTP_REFERER" );

if((!$name=="none")&&($comments=="none")){
echo "Sorry please fill in all the form<br><a href='contact.html'>Please try agin!</a>";
exit;
}

if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
$comments = stripslashes( $comments );
}

$messageproper =

"This message was sent from:\n" .
"$http_referrer\n" .
"------------------------------------------------------------\n" .
"Name of sender: $name\n" .
"Email of sender: $email\n" .
"------------------------- COMMENTS -------------------------\n\n" .
$comments .
"\n\n------------------------------------------------------------\n";

if(!eregi("^[a-z0-9_]+@[a-z0-9\-]+\.[a-z0-9\-\.]+$" ,$email)) {

echo"please add a correct email address<br><a href='contact.html'>Please try agin!</a>";
exit;

}else{

mail($mailto, $subject, $messageproper,
"From: \"$name\" <$email>" . $headersep . "Reply-To: \"$name\" <$email>" . $headersep . "X-Mailer: chfeedback.php 2.07" );
header( "Location: $thankyouurl" );
exit;
}
?>

yup rite and i what to add a uploader to that so i can get sent pitures as well with it

#8 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:00 PM

you would add enctype="multipart/form-data" to your form tag and an input element to your form for uploading files. type = 'file' readup on html forms and their elements this is not really a php question...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users