#1 pickled onion breath

pickled onion breath
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:06 PM

hey everyone

I downloaded this flash order form off this site

[a href=\"http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/components.htm\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/components.htm[/a]

it doesn't come with any PHP or ASP file to have the flash information to be sent to my email account.

does anyone know how i would create a php file for this?

i figured i would need a php file because i know php files are used for flash contact forms.

I would really appreciate your help

thank you

#2 klaroen

klaroen
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:45 PM

Why do you need a flash form, just make it php...

#3 pickled onion breath

pickled onion breath
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:58 PM

[!--quoteo(post=385424:date=Jun 18 2006, 03:45 PM:name=klaroen)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(klaroen @ Jun 18 2006, 03:45 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Why do you need a flash form, just make it php...
[/quote]

i dont know how to make a php form and my website is in flash

do you know what i would have to do for that form i downloaded?

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:57 AM

kirupa.com!! i used to go there a long long time ago when i first started learning flash.

you know, they offer excellent tutorials on how to get information from php to the flash (using loadvars and stuff in your actionscript) and also retrieving the vars from flash to php (using $_POST and $_GET)

but if you don't know anything about php then there's really no point in trying to explain to you this stuff. you have to learn to crawl before you can learn to walk, as they say.

try some beginner php tutorials on how to make your first "hello world" script, and get to understand php syntax and stuff. retrieving variables from html (or even flash) forms is not really advanced stuff in and of itself, but you still need to know the basics before you can do anything. And then what you want to do with that information you retrieve from the flash form is an entirely different matter altogether...
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users