Things went wrong with apache 1.3.23 on xp

wida

i currently use apache 1.3.23 that comes along phptriad, and use it on XP.

these are my problems:

-clicking a link wont link to the desired page (it actually exist)

-clicking a submit button wont go to the action page defined in <form action=\"apage.php\"> and wont submit any kind of input (hidden and not hidden)

-sometime when i type localhost, it just go to iis localhost page, instead of phpgeek index page

my question:

-what\'s wrong ? anyone ever experience this? it worked just fine before

and i didn\'t change any configuration

-is it possible to have 2 different version of apache servers in one machine ?

TIA,

inneedoffastanswers

• 1 month later...

Hi,

yep, I\'m having the same problem. Also XP. I used Foxserv to set up Apache/MySQL/PHP - interestingly, when I enter the file I want into the browser e.g. http://localhost/test.php & click enter I get the 404, but if I click enter again it comes up!

So I need to click enter twice! Of course, this is no good when calling pages from a form submit, or at any other point either.

Have you found a solution yet?

Mik.

Hi - Installed Apache 2 today & the problem of double-enter seems to be history, at least for html pages. many thanx for that.

I do have another problem though - On configuring httpd.conf, I added this line -

LoadModule php4_Module c:/apache2/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll

When I try to start the server I get an error message saying \"The requested operation has failed!\"

If I remove that line, the server starts up & I can run html pages.

This is the exact dll I had for my earlier setup to run php pages so I\'m not sure why it\'s not working. I am using the correct path. I\'ve also tried php4apache.dll but I get the same error message.

Any thoughts?

Thanx,

Mik.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.