Getting rid of Adblock flash tabs

I recall of method to get rid of the adblock tabs, but Adblock has changed from using divs to anchors. Anyway. I can't seem to make a CSS rule with higher precedence than the tabs. But Firebox says the tabs are hidden anyway, yet they show. What kind of trickery is this?

If I'm not mistaken, Adblock adds the !important attribute to the styles of their tabs which means it overrides anything previously set, so unless you have a way to declare a style after Adblock has been applied and overwrite them with another !important declaration, I don't know that you can do it...

Ok, so the addition of !important throws any specificity rules out the window?

Right. That little bugger actually specifically declares that it be applied to whatever it matches and overrule anything before or after in the cascading precedence. It can be useful occasionally, but more often it causes this type of headache :P

You'd think there is a reason I posted this in the CSS board, no?

What, do I look like a freakin mind reader? I wondered why you put it in the CSS board as well. If you weren't too stupid to mention that you wanted to do it by CSS, I probably would have given different advice. Instead I answered your question.

What, do I look like a freakin mind reader?

I have no idea how you look.

I wondered why you put it in the CSS board as well. If you weren't too stupid to mention that you wanted to do it by CSS, I probably would have given different advice. Instead I answered your question.

Well, if you already wondered why I put it in the CSS board, would it be to far fetched to assume that I was looking for a CSS solution? You don't have to be a mind reader for that.

And watch your mouth. Never a good idea to start calling people stupid. Seriously, I lose patience quickly that way.

Ban away, but if you want to get rude because you didn't word your question properly, then that's your problem, and a loss to all the people I regularly help on this board. No skin off my butt though. I'm not going to kiss your butt after you were rude to me just because you are a mod. And if the moderation policy on the board is to be rude to the users after your own screw up, then to ban when they call you out on it, well that's not a very good moderation policy. I guess we'll see.

I'm even going to add to that. You asked a question, I gave you an answer that directly answered your question. If the answer to your question wasn't what you were looking for, then the problem can be directly attributed to the fact that the question wasn't asked properly. As for the fact that it was in the CSS forum, users on this site regularly post questions in the wrong forum, often through ignorance on which forum is correct.

You tried to act as if I was stupid, and made a rude comment to me. But you were clearly in the wrong on this one, and being rude to me just compounded your error. And then, you went and edited your own post to change your original question, something that the users on the site are prevented from doing from doing, both for situations like this, and to maintain continuity of a thread. I'm very disappointed in you as a moderator. You have broken policies set by the board, and been rude to a user, even though the mistake was your own. I think I am going to report this thread.

i'm too lazy to make a judgement call here, but i think your idea (haku) is best - simply don't respond to 448191's questions if you think this will be the result again.  there's no reason we can't all continue to be civil here.

let me reiterate to be perfectly clear: i'm taking no side.  just trying to keep everyone at relative peace.

Ban away, but if you want to get rude because you didn't word your question properly, then that's your problem, and a loss to all the people I regularly help on this board. No skin off my butt though. I'm not going to kiss your butt after you were rude to me just because you are a mod. And if the moderation policy on the board is to be rude to the users after your own screw up, then to ban when they call you out on it, well that's not a very good moderation policy. I guess we'll see.

You don't have kiss my butt, I prefer not even, I don't roll that way ;)

Yes, I was a little rude. A little. I have no problem apologizing for that, so I apologize.

But, I don't consider it particularly rude, and definitely does not warrant name calling. Yes, people calling other people stupid annoys me, even more so if it's aimed directly at me. Peculiar, hey?

No, I didn't change the OP. If you think it says something different than before, apparently you didn't read it very well the first time.

And no, this single incident will not get you banned. But I urge you to know where to draw the line. You crossed it by resorting to name calling. Try not to do it again.

Peace.