SQL Query and Arrays

paul2463

Hello,

I am trying to get information from a sequel query and place it into 2 different arrays based on a test. I am pulling two values from the table valueA and valueB, if valueB is a certain number then valueA gets written to one new array and if the test fails then it is written to the other new array. here is the code:-

<?php

//create new variable arrays
$arr1 = array();
$arr2 = array();

// connect to database , create and execute query
$query = 'SELECT valueA, valueB FROM table';

$result = mysql_query($query) or die ('Error in query: $query. ' . mysql_error());

// check if records were returned
if (mysql_num_rows($result) > 0)
{
//iterate over record set
[!--coloro:#FF0000--][span style=\"color:#FF0000\"][!--/coloro--]while($row = mysql_fetch_row($result))
{
if ($row['valueB' == '1')
{
$arr1[] = $row['valueA']; [!--coloro:#000000--][span style=\"color:#000000\"][!--/coloro--]//will this bit work??[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]
}
else
{
$arr2[] = $row['valueA'];
}
}[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]
}
else
{
// print error message
echo 'No rows found!';
}

// close connection to MySQL server
mysql_close($connection);

?>

It seems to run ok and places something into the relevant arrays but when I try and view whats in the arrays it tells me the block numbers of the arrays but the value is blank, as though it has placed a NULL value in there....I am now confused..thanks in advance

valueA is date object valueB is a number so what I am expecting is two arrays, both with dates in them, one corresponding to a row value of ones and the other to a row value of anything else.

thanks for the help, I figured out my problem and it was tipping urror on my behalf, when you initialise a variable called "adate" and then try and refernece a variable called "aDate" it doesnt seem to work. how daft can one person be???

(rhetorical question - no actual answer required)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.