Point System?

Garethp

Wasn't the karma system part of the IPB Forum system anyway?

So when we switched, we pretty much decided we didn't need it anymore.

I do believe.

Because I never remember discussing the termination of the karma system, although it is a good thing it's gone....for reasons already mentioned

The problem with automated stars, ranks, etc. is that they're not necessarily representative of the user's actual skills. As it were before, someone with ten yellow stars and the rank of Genius (5000+ posts) would not necessarily be a genius. In fact, that person might have been posting crap solutions all over the place.

I'm 95% sure that I know exactly to whom you are referring.

A possible solution to this would be to promote more people to the guru status. I have no problem doing that as long as the rest of the staff, gurus, and recommended users nominate and vote it through.  And there haven't been a lot of nominations lately... so what does that tell you?

A possible solution to this would be to promote more people to the guru status.  I have no problem doing that as long as the rest of the staff, gurus, and recommended users nominate and vote it through.  And there haven't been a lot of nominations lately... so what does that tell you?

Well that could easily mean that the staff isn't very active or hasn't really been actively keeping an eye on people...

A possible solution to this would be to promote more people to the guru status.  I have no problem doing that as long as the rest of the staff, gurus, and recommended users nominate and vote it through.  And there haven't been a lot of nominations lately... so what does that tell you?

Well that could easily mean that the staff isn't very active or hasn't really been actively keeping an eye on people...

Tsk tsk.

I meant answering help questions.  Sad but true, I haven't had time to do more than hit this board and the staff boards lately.  And maybe misc every once in a while if something interesting gets posted (rare, I know).

What I hate about my current job is that I'm not programming PHP and therefore don't run into tricky stuff too often.  I still do it on the side but I haven't run into anything there that I need help with, hence my lack of need to wait for answers and post answers to other questions.

A month? I had those people that were inactive for more than a year or more, and I was considering deleting their accounts, while moving to new forum script. Glad I didn't because once new forums were launched many of them logged in to say: 'Yay! New forums! Looks good' :)

A month? I had those people that were inactive for more than a year or more, and I was considering deleting their accounts, while moving to new forum script. Glad I didn't because once new forums were launched many of them logged in to say: 'Yay! New forums! Looks good' :)

Then they went away again?  lol

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.