Unable to connect to MS SQL Server 2005 using PHP

atitthaker

Hi,

I am trying to connect to MS SQL Server 2005 using PHP. But I am unable to connect to the SQL Server.

Following things are in place.

-- mssql extension is enabled in PHP and I can see MSSQL details in php info.

-- named pipes and TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Server Configuration

-- mssql.allow_persistent = On in php.ini

-- I copied ntwdblib.dll to /windows directory.

I am not sure what is going wrong but I am unable to connect to MS SQL Server 2005.

thanks

Atit

It gives me only one message:

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to server: node200 in E:\php_scripts\mssql_connection.php on line 28

I do not know what is going wrong here...

I have also installed MS SQL Server Client tools on my system which is the web server for the application.

Thanks

Atit

hey there,

I am having the exact some problem as you(givin the error) connecting to SQL. I am running Vista, SQL2005, and I am getting the same error connecting the database. My login is connecting, but seems to be permissions...........can you tell me what steps you took to overcome this

Thank you

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.