To Experts: CakePHP or Seagull PHP

Michelle1981

Hi!

I'm Michelle, this is my first post here. I really would like to hear from the experts in this forum. For a very large project on a high availability website, I have been asked to research the following:

CakePHP

Seagull PHP

Which 1 of the 2 PHP Frameworks do you recommend and more importantly please explain why.

Thank you!  ::)

Michelle

I've never heard of Seagull either, but it looks really good.

Seagull PHP Framework

My suggestion is to make a list of what you desire out of a framework, feature by feature. Then choose the one that best matches your list of needs. Try some sandbox with both of them, and see which one is easier for you to decide on.

Obviously with a larger framework like Zend or Cake you have a lot more developers, and more support available. The smaller, less popular frameworks tend to have much less fluff. Keep that in mind if you're only using a few methods to get the job done.

Remember you can always mix and match frameworks, and use them side by side. It's not easy but it can be done if you really feel the need.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.