PHP file Editing Program

Loki

I do not know if one exists but does anyone know a program that can edit multiple php files at once to add copyright info to the top of each file without having to go through thousands of files to add it manually?  This would make my life so much easier.  :'(

Would be so nice to just drop a folder with all the files in it and paste the copyright code in a box below that was needed to be added and it automatically adds it to the top of each file in the folder.

If such a program exists please post the name of it.

Thanks

Pretty much any decent code editor should be able to do a multi-file find and replace.

I use Crimson Editor, it can do it accross all open files. Maybe a different editor can do it without opening the file first in the GUI?

But, you want to add text, not replace text...

If your files are consistent, you may be able to try something like find "<?php" replace with "<?php\n/* copyright info blah blah */\n"

At least thats my second thought, the first was just write a little script to do it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.