checking check boxes with variables from an array

goatboy

this is for a screen where i'm editing a user.

I'm able to assign the user access to certain sections. to do this in the user setup i use checkboxes.
i put the selections into an array and then serialize them before entering it into a database.

when i go to edit the user, getting the array out isn't the issue. i unserialize it. but i want the checkboxes checked according to whats in the array.
so lets say i have check boxes for
news, downloads, articles, submissions with i'd of 1-4
in my array i have 1,2,4

the problem i'm having is how do i compare the checkbox id to the i'ds in the array so it will be checked if one of them matches. btw the options for check boxes will get longer in the future.

I hope i explained this well enough and didn't make it too confusing

When creating your checkboxes, you could do something like this:
[code]<?php
$boxes = array(1,2,4); //Populated from your SQL query
echo "<input type='checkbox' name='1' ";
if(in_array(1,$boxes)) echo "checked";
echo "/>";
?>[/code]

• 2 weeks later...
[!--quoteo(post=386158:date=Jun 20 2006, 04:53 PM:name=SemiApocalyptic)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SemiApocalyptic @ Jun 20 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]386158[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
When creating your checkboxes, you could do something like this:
[code]<?php
$boxes = array(1,2,4); //Populated from your SQL query
echo "<input type='checkbox' name='1' ";
if(in_array(1,$boxes)) echo "checked";
echo "/>";
?>[/code]
[/quote]

ah that looks like it will work, and i can just replace the numeric values with the id variable from the database

[!--quoteo(post=389463:date=Jun 29 2006, 04:25 PM:name=goatboy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(goatboy @ Jun 29 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]389463[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
ah that looks like it will work, and i can just replace the numeric values with the id variable from the database
[/quote]

works!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.