Suggestions Welcome

here's a quickie - the dropdown menu sub-categories [b]do not work[/b] with Firefox ... and that's quite a good percentage of your visitors, I'd expect.

The dropdown menu doesn't drop down at all with Opera.

There's no way back from your 'problems' page.

The 'current auctions' dropdown doesn't do anything with Firefox or Opera.

Overall, it's quite hideous-looking.

But if you've had more than 1.5 million visitors you must be doing something right.

[!--quoteo(post=386214:date=Jun 20 2006, 07:37 PM:name=AndyB)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(AndyB @ Jun 20 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]386214[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
here's a quickie - the dropdown menu sub-categories [b]do not work[/b] with Firefox ... and that's quite a good percentage of your visitors, I'd expect.
[/quote]

You are apparently using firefox 1.0.7. In 1.5+ the drop down menus work perfectly,

[!--quoteo(post=386214:date=Jun 20 2006, 07:37 PM:name=AndyB)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(AndyB @ Jun 20 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]386214[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The dropdown menu doesn't drop down at all with Opera.
[/quote]
I did consider that, but we have had a total of 45 page views from Opera this year.
And 20 something of them were me going through the site.

There's no way back from your 'problems' page.
[/quote]
"Problems" opens in a new window.

The 'current auctions' dropdown doesn't do anything with Firefox or Opera.
[/quote]
I had not noticed that. Thank you for pointing that out.

Overall, it's quite hideous-looking.
[/quote]
I know, I know. I have begged and pleaded for them to let me change the layout,
However, right now I am just the code jockey (sigh).

P.S. Thanks for taking a look at it.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I know, I know. I have begged and pleaded for them to let me change the layout, However, right now I am just the code jockey (sigh).[/quote]

So what did you want critiqued???

It looks a little dated. There are LOADS of things you could do WITHOUT changing the layout.

Text Size - You have SEVERAL different font sizes - I dont know what to look at when I first see the page.
The COLOUR of your Drop-Downs are a dark black/grey colour.
Your grey background gradient looks TOTALLY out of place. Either change colour, or apply gradient to other aspects of the page.
Your site-map looks terrible - do out a flowchart and put image maps to get links etc. It will look WAY better.
I would like to see a left and right border on the MAIN section. It looks open on the sides.

Rgds,
Steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.