MySql on Win2000

systemtek

Hi All, i am never used MySql before and need a littel bit of help. I have a web server that i have enabled php on as i wish to do a forum and this uses the php and MySql to run. I think the php has installed ok. I am having problems with the MySql part, i am not familiar with SQL at all. I have installed MySql ver 4.0.16 for windows and i am unsure how to configure it, when i point my browser at my php code i get this :

Database connection error!!!

A connection to the Database could not be established.

Please check your username, password, database name and host.

Also make sure config.php is rightly configured!

When connecting, the database returned:

Error 1045: Access denied for user: \'systemtek2@localhost\' (Using password: YES)

I have got a my.cnf in root of drive on the web box but really need help if possibe how to get this going, i dont know where in mysql i add my username and password etc etc or how to set it up, could not understand the guide i read.

Any help would be apreciated

Duncan

Hi and thanks for reply, i have been looking into this past few days, can anyone tell me, on a server win 2000 on IIS5 with PHP enabled and mysql if i install a forum such as XMB or whatever will i have to manually create tables etec in mysql how does it work ? thanks

XMB has an install script which will create the tables for you ... you have to give it a username and password for your database and it does the rest. Just make sure you read the instructions properly and don\'t try taking any shortcuts.

D

Hi, sorry i am new to MySQL !, OK i read up and sucessfully created a username and password in mysql, so i try to install the XMB as per the instructions by running the install.html file, the first bit goes ok then i get this error :

Notice: Undefined variable: list in c:inetpubwwwrootforumxmb.php on line 65

Error 1045: Access denied for user: \'systemtek2@localhost\' (Using password: YES)

The username and password in config.php match that i created as a mysql user.....what can be wrong here ?

Thanks

Duncan

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, sorry i am new to MySQL !, OK i read up and sucessfully created a username and password in mysql, so i try to install the XMB as per the instructions by running the install.html file, the first bit goes ok then i get this error :

Notice: Undefined variable: list in c:inetpubwwwrootforumxmb.php on line 65

The username and password in config.php match that i created as a mysql user.....what can be wrong here ?

Thanks

Duncan

THIS IS A coomon problem, u must read yr conf file again;

usually load in as root + passwd, then grant all privililgees to \'systemtek@etc-etc. -not sure on the full switch - look it up though.

otherwise try phpmyadmin, admin mysqsl via web server - chk theough gooogle to find new version

holla back, yeah

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.