session retrieval

w3sl3y2003

hi guys,

i'd just like to know if the following can be accomplished and if so how?

I have a webpage (lets call it x.php) from which i will transfer to another website (lets call it y.php). On y.php i have to provide a username and password. after doing that i'll be provided with a session id. the session id is appended to the address of y.php . i need to get that session id because x.php has to submit orders but it can't do it without the session id. this entire process has to be automated.

Can anyone out there help me?

[!--quoteo(post=386365:date=Jun 21 2006, 01:30 PM:name=w3sl3y2003)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(w3sl3y2003 @ Jun 21 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]386365[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Thanks for the response SemiApocalyptic.

I'm not sure how that would help me. even if i could just get the full url of y.php after i provide the username and password that would be great.

is that even possible?
[/quote]
Oh, I'm sorry, I missunderstood you. With regards to your question, I'm not sure, hopefully somone will pop along soon that does know :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.