sith717

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's the logic of the code:

"If they are asking for the password change form, and they are logged in, show it to them. If they are asking to post the changes, and they are logged in, and the password and password verification match, and the old password matches up with what we have for the user, then change it. If they are logged in, and they messed up, tell them so. If they are not logged in, send them to the index. If they password change succeeds, send them to the index"

Slow down, programming without patience is impossible.

Login to your website, and then go to this paste this into the URL.

http://delta.bluespacetechnologies.com/~bucketho/admin/change_password.php?pass_change_form=true

It will ONLY display the password change to someone who is logged in, to prevent people from changing other users passwords.

He put in a ton of work with you, give him a break, he did 10x more than I would have. Look up each line of code, figure out how they work, find any flawed logic and fix it. That too much work? too bad, it's how you learn. You don't seem to be looking for help learning, you seem to be looking for charity handouts, which I hate to say, doesn't happen here.

I'm logged in to his site (for testing purposes), and I'm getting the same issue he is, which means that when he's logging in, it's not setting the $_SESSION['is_valid'].

That's the only way we would get this error *sigh...got work to do...hope you guys can figure this out for him, and let me know the outcome, please*

OK, let me explain something: It *is* a complete script. The fact you can't get it working has nothing to do with my coding. It has everything to do with how the session is being passed on, and you have been told this countless times. You *might* want to check your scripts, and make sure that session_start() is at the top of the pages that this script touches.