PHP Form set tp

gfmaking

I want people to fill out my form, which is contact information, and I want the info directly load in to mysql database. Please look the PHP code. On the HTML form I inserted <form method="post" form action="action.php"> what is wrong? my database is running on my webhosting server in one of the sub folders. please please some one help me.

<?
$username="myuser";
$password="mypass";
$database="Order_db";

$First_Name=$_POST['First_Name'];
$Last_Name=$_POST['Last_Name'];
$Address=$_POST['Address'];
$City=$_POST['City'];
$State=$_POST['State'];
$Zip_Code=$_POST['Zip'];
$Country=$_POST['Country'];
$phone=$_POST['phone'];
$E-Mail=$_POST['E-mail'];
$Product_01=$_POST['Product01'];
$Username8=$_POST['Product02'];

mysql_connect('genesis.com/fpdb/php/index.php',$username,$password);
@mysql_select_db($database) or die( "Unable to select database");

$query = "INSERT INTO contacts VALUES ('','$First_Name','$Last_Name','$Address','$City','$State','$Zip','$Country','$phone','$E-mail','$email','$Product01','$Product02')";
mysql_query($query);

mysql_close();
?>

[!--quoteo(post=386600:date=Jun 21 2006, 05:54 PM:name=michaellunsford)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(michaellunsford @ Jun 21 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]386600[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Mysqlconnect typically gets the value "localhost" -- not a php file location. you might check to make sure you're connecting to the right place.

Also, if your action is to action.php, I would assume the code you showed in your post is actually named "action.php"
[/quote]

Thanx for your response,

I put my action.php on my rootweb and edit to "localhost" but when submiting the form the browser point to action.php and show blank page.

it is very likely that you posted data to the mysql database. check your database and see if the new stuff has been added.

If not, you might consider adding a [code]echo mysql_error();[/code] line after the mysql_query to make sure you didn't get an error.

you might also consider adding something to this page... "thanks for filling out the form" etc, so the users don't get a blank page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.