HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

svang

I am new to PHP and MySQL. I install php and everything went ok but when i install mysql, the installation went well but i ca not use it. I am currently running on a windows machine. When I try to create a database, this is the error I receive \"ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: \'@localhost\' to database \'portal\'\". I don\'t know what this means but I did create a hosts file in my WINNT folder. This did not solve the problem. I try using mysql -u (username) -p (password), this also gives me the same error message. Please help, all suggestions are welcome.

Its lookd like the user doenst have enough privelage try logung as

mysql -u root

and by default they dont have password unless you have set one.

Once you have got in as a super user.

mysql> use mysql

mysql> select * froom user;

You will see the table being displayed check if you have given teh user permission.

Now you can also use a tool called SQLYOG found at www.sqlyog.com

which is a GUI based tool and can help you a lot. Check it out...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.