PHP with Drupal

veerendra

Hi all , I am having problems with Drupal frame work , Its asking me to enable mbstring . and I am having proeblem with PHP compilation , does anyone have the compiled version compatble to Drupal framework. If anyone have the same experience please share with me.

Thanks in adavance for your help.

You need to go into your php.ini file and enable mb_string. If you don't have access to the php.ini file, and you are on an apache server, you can set this in your .htaccess file. Though I believe these settings are already made in the drupal pre-installed .htaccess file.

make sure you are not running any other php program, like wamp, zend, etc. I was having simular problems, and what i did was got rid of zend and reinstalled wamp, and walla, it worked.

Most of those programs (if you have any other php related program) have the same php.ini folders and set themselves to be default when installed. So it screws with a lot of the functionality and loading of extensions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.