SMF 2.0! Read if you're missing a feature or if something changed!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad in this version SMF dropped the bread crumb navigation from the bottom of the pages. It was always both at the top and the bottom of thread/forums. Quite useful after finishing reading a thread, instead of scrolling all the way back to the top. But I guess I am just lazy :P

Gone again... ???

Have you restored or upgraded again the software?

Orio.

Too bad in this version SMF dropped the bread crumb navigation from the bottom of the pages. It was always both at the top and the bottom of thread/forums. Quite useful after finishing reading a thread, instead of scrolling all the way back to the top. But I guess I am just lazy :P

Gone again... ???

Have you restored or upgraded again the software?

Orio.

No. It was something we added, but it caused double breadcrumbs other places so it got removed again.

Not exactly related to the 2.0 upgrade, but I didn't want to create a new topic just for this.

We've added a new bbcode tag which serves as a shortcut for PHP manual pages:

[m]sprintf[/m] => sprintf

That's a great idea, saves me so much time.  More than half of my posts involve linking to php.net!

The parenthesis aren't actually part of the link - just the text that's shown. But yeah - it's no big problem. It's a very useful tag.

oops. didn't notice that.

Now, if only php.net fixed it's redirects, so that mysqli_query is not redirected to mysql_query anymore...  (same for other mysqli functions...).

apparently doing mysqli.query works.

• 2 weeks later...

I do agree, the colors look great in matching your site. Was just thinking to make the theme look more like your site, like the little headers for each block section, and the side borders etc on the frontpage. Maybe I'll whip something up on my test install of beta4 and show you guys how it would look. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.