How to configure Mail() function to work on windows 2003 server on IIS

reypapz

Hello anybody...I am a newbie on this forum...And I hope somebody can help solving my problem...

here we go..How to configure the mail() function on PHP to work on Windows server 2003 standard Edition with IIS 6.0...My head is going to burst finding solution with this...can anybody help me with this...

=>>this is some info of my php.ini

[mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = localhost

smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.

;sendmail_from = me@example.com

I hope somebody could help me..

thanks

The SMTP setting must list either the hostname or IP address of your mail server and if your mail server is not using port 25, then you must set the smtp_port setting to match the actual port. sendmail_from is a default From: header if you don't provide a header parameter to the mail() function call. Stop and start your IIS service to get any changes made to php to take effect.

Your post does not state a specific problem, what exactly do you need help with that is not working?

hi..im sory if my prev post sound unclear of what i want...this my problem

$From="sample@domain.com";

mail("test@domain.com","testing to works on windows server","Testing","From: " . $From)

that code works on linux server but when I tried on my windows server it doesnt work...

I tried already that option you give me but still not luck...any other way to solve this problem...

I tried this

[mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = mail.domain.com

smtp_port = 2525

; For Win32 only.

sendmail_from = me@example.com

but stil doenst work...any other way...plz help me..

thanks

Are the settings actually getting changed? Check using a phpinfo(); statement.

Telling us something does not work does not help us to help you. What exactly is it doing? What are the symptoms? Are there any errors? Have you checked your web server error log file or turned on full php error reporting to see if there are any errors?

Add the following two lines immediately after your first opening <?php tag -

ini_set ("display_errors", "1");
error_reporting(E_ALL);

What is your script? Your settings might be correct but your script might not be correct.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.