Memory Loss! Embed sound

bladechob

You could possibly use a hidden iframe, but I'm not too sure (I've never needed to use iframes, ever).  Also, just to let you know, background sounds on web pages are SO annoying.  I always have music playing while I'm on my computer, and I don't want to hear the fricken' Teletubbies theme song when I click a page, and I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way. =P

iframes is pretty much the only way to do it. But that being said - don't. Music on sites is one of the biggest reasons people leave a site without looking at it.

You could also do a popup window, but most browsers block popups, so it probably won't work.

Or, you could create your whole site using ajax so that the page never actually changes, just the contents. Your SEO rankings will go to crap though.

yep  the viewer can turn it off - all I want to do is make it play in the background and not restart on new page or refresh - that is soooooooo annoying

you might have a rough time with that one.  If you don't want the song to restart on refresh then the song is going to have to NOT autoplay.  Everytime the page loads...if you have music to load...and it's set to autoplay...it's going to autoplay, most likely from the beginning.

The only options I can think of are too complex to really go too in depth on.  But you would have to control every event on your page using Javascript.  Also you would somehow need to record the time in the current song, when the event occurred, store it in a Session, write a function to fade the volume up or down depending on if you're entering the page or leaving, and continue the song at the last time.

Unless you can get the user to install some kind of software on their computer that runs only when your website is up then I doubt you'll have any lucky with a fully musically streamlined website.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.