Paypal API - recommendations?

DamienRoche

First, not really sure which board this should go on so hopefully this is alright, if not, I'm sure the mods'll move it soon enough.

I'm looking to work with the paypal api, was just wondering if anyone had any experience in this area and what recommendations they might have.

- Should I work with SOAP?

- Third party scripts?

I'm right at the beginning but I want to be set on the right tracks.

Thanks.

I've checked out the paypal website. They have two basic options:

-Name-Value Pair Interface

-SOAP Interface

From my understanding, NVPI is simpler and uses http. But I want to know if I should sack the idea of learning that, and instead learn how to use the SOAP Interface...OR-- is there a third party solution which is better?

As I say, I'm right at the beginning and I just want to know what route experienced programmers take.

Thanks.

Hey,

I just finished a project using the paypal sdk.

I found an example from a website that i can't seem to remember, but i have all the original files.

The person stripped out all the unnecessary stuff, and it's pretty straight forward.

Once again, i did not create this script, just sharing the goodness.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey,

I just finished a project using the paypal sdk.

I found an example from a website that i can't seem to remember, but i have all the original files.

The person stripped out all the unnecessary stuff, and it's pretty straight forward.

Once again, i did not create this script, just sharing the goodness.

There is nothing in attachment file. Just a folder. ??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.