flash and java

thehigherentity

I have a java menu on my site and I displau flash movies on some of the pages, my problem or question is,
Can i stop the flash movie floating over my menus?

when a dropdown java menu is displayed in the same place as a flash file it disapears behind it rather then floating over it?

is there anything that can be done about this or is it better to change to a different form of menu?

Im not 100% sure what you mean by that, the java menu is fine until the drop menu opens and hapens to be in the same area as a flash file, I have noticed this on a number of other sites too.

Infact I have been looking all over and cant find a site that has the menu float over a flash file anywere.

Is it not posible?

flash file is a blug in file which means it'll always render on top of any html elements (same as the select menu in IE 6 and lower)

What you can do is to put the flash file into a div and hide it when the menu is visiable.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.