Suggestions to include large amount of text on page in expandable manual

zkoneffko

Here is my situation.  I have multiple php pages that I want to put a manual on the right side of.  The manual will be the same on everypage.  I have created the manual as an expandable menu in a separate file.  I currently load the file on each page using the onLoad function.  However, due to the size of the manual and the size that file is, it has long load times.  Everytime you go to a separate php page it reloads the manaul include and takes long again.  I'm simply looking for the best way to include this on everypage.  Should I continue to use the onLoad with some added function I'm unaware of, or what is the best way to do this.  I'm am open to all suggestions.

Since he did not explain what he is currently doing, it will be a little hard for anyone to provide good advice -

He has a 700K word document that is providing a catalog/navigation on all his pages and it takes a long time for the browser to receive and render it (and perhaps for MSWord to open in the client as well.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.