how to protect my php script

sarahAria

If you are talking about people seeing your php code from their browser - you have no worries. People can't see the php source code.

If you are worried about someone getting on your server, you have a lot bigger problems than protecting your source code!

If you are wanting to sell your code and don't want the customer to be able to see the code, well then Zend Guard does some good encryption of your code. I've heard it's crackable, but it's not easy.

Zend is pretty crackable yes, however, if you're looking to secure your source code for resale I'd use something like ioncube instead, as far as I know this hasn't been cracked yet.

And yes, if you're worried about people just browsing your php source code from their web browser don't be. It's not possible. They can see the HTML output by the PHP code but not the underlying PHP code, the server just wont allow it.

Ioncube's been cracked too, there's plenty of those out there.

But as the OP didn't ask for something bulletproof, it's probably best for his purposes.  Zend encoded files require some server configuration like he pointed out, Ioncube can be packaged and distributed to work without making changes to php.ini.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.