Error with non standard Ports

RabPHP

Greetings,

I am having an issue with what appears to be PHP 5.04 specifically.

I can connect through mysql command line to a remote host on port 7306 without any problems. I can also connect from the server it's on by executing a local php script on this port. I can also take the exact script and connect from a FC2 with PHP 4.3 machine remotely, however when I try to connect from a FC4 machine with php-5.04 I get the following error....

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP OMITTED' (13) in /var/www/html/junk/mysql_connect.php on line 3

I cannot find a reference to erro 13.

As I stated, the script works fine from a FC2 machine running 4.3

You guys are my last resort, please help!

Rab

[!--quoteo(post=387900:date=Jun 25 2006, 09:55 PM:name=thorpe)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thorpe @ Jun 25 2006, 09:55 PM) [snapback]387900[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Code?
[/quote]

[code]
$link = mysql_connect('IP OMOTTIED:7306', 'mail', '1q2w3e4r');
if (!$link) {
   die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}
[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.