Desktop SS

Lamez

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never messed around in a mac before, but a computer guy told me that apple's os's are based off of the linux kernal! So it must be good, and that changed my perspective on macs.

Lots of bad things are based on good things.

Like errrr....  Ummm....  Just go with it!

Not bashing Mac, just trying to get all technical ;p.

I couldnt figure out how to make OS X take a screen shot of both monitors so here is the main one

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deskkl1.png

here is both, taken with phone

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0077bp9.jpg

very cool setup. nice monitor too

Thanks. The desktop is one that is built in and I caught the monitor on sale about 6 months ago for 250 from Staples.

I couldnt figure out how to make OS X take a screen shot of both monitors so here is the main one

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deskkl1.png

here is both, taken with phone

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0077bp9.jpg

very cool setup. nice monitor too

Thanks. The desktop is one that is built in and I caught the monitor on sale about 6 months ago for 250 from Staples.

Insert what corbin said here!

haha. and also, what are the specs on the desktop?

The monitor is 22 inch. I feel that it isnt huge enough. Well, I'd be fine with it if the resolution went higher, its at 1600 x 1050. Pretty soon Im going to get an Apple 30 incher. I know someone on phpfreaks has one and he said that he loves it

I dont know if you were asking for specs on my laptop or quoted the wrong person, but its a 2.2 core 2 duo with 4 gigs of ram geforce 8600/128mb ram

Looked bigger than 22' in the picture.

My goal is to hook a computer up to a 50+ inch LCD flatscreen mounted to a wall infront of my desk.

I have a friend that plays WoW on a 46" screen mounted on his wall with surround sound while sitting on a huge comfy sofa.  Although I don't play WoW, I'm quite jealous.

Then again, I would prefer multiple 19-22" widescreen monitors.  I already have 2 which I put code on one and the browser on the other (to test as I go).  I want another to always be playing a movie (I have tons on my server), and another just to say I have another.  Then 2 more.  I find myself remote desktop'd into client's servers quite often so one dedicated to that would be beneficial too.  I think the multiple smaller screens would be better over 1 larger for those reasons.  Now if it were multiple 46" screens, that is altogether different.

"I have a friend that plays WoW on a 46" screen mounted on his wall with surround sound while sitting on a huge comfy sofa.  Although I don't play WoW, I'm quite jealous."

OMG he's like that guy from any computer nerd having show.  lol

Looked bigger than 22' in the picture.

My goal is to hook a computer up to a 50+ inch LCD flatscreen mounted to a wall infront of my desk.

That's always a fun setup, although it's better in a living room, sitting on a couch with a wireless keyboard and mouse.  Sitting at a desk like 2 ft from a 52" inch screen is a lot of strain on your eyes.  Even a 42".

But I had this particular kind of setup in my living room and all I did was watch movies all the time, youtube, netflix, and nearly more than half the time it was just pirated movies I tracked down.  Totally different experience.

i so want a 52 inch moniter for movies as it is now i just run on my tv for movies but i need to burn them and crap first doing it from my harddrive on a second screen thats 52 inch would be amazing

Monitor for computer, TV for movies.  Besides 52" IMO is way too big for a monitor, but I think it's a good size for a TV.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.