Desktop SS

Lamez

it would be easier to change movies if the movies were from comp as well tho i have aot of people over to watch movies and nobody ever wants to change the dvd \damn lazy drunk friends

I hear ya, don't they make multi-disk DVD players these days?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked bigger than 22' in the picture.

My goal is to hook a computer up to a 50+ inch LCD flatscreen mounted to a wall infront of my desk.

That's always a fun setup, although it's better in a living room, sitting on a couch with a wireless keyboard and mouse.  Sitting at a desk like 2 ft from a 52" inch screen is a lot of strain on your eyes.  Even a 42".

But I had this particular kind of setup in my living room and all I did was watch movies all the time, youtube, netflix, and nearly more than half the time it was just pirated movies I tracked down.  Totally different experience.

Hehe yeah I've done that before.  I actually keep a cord connected to a TV.

it would be easier to change movies if the movies were from comp as well tho i have aot of people over to watch movies and nobody ever wants to change the dvd \damn lazy drunk friends

Yeah screw that noise, especially with all the stupid menus and what not.

All you need is the latest codecs and a badass video card, and yer set.  I miss being at home with my 52".  I'm stuck out here at school now with just a 17" desktop and a 17" laptop with a nonworking sound card.

yeah im stuck on 17 inch as well but havent really tried to do the whole setup to tv thing yet its coming the same day i finally sit down and  network the dvr into my network so i can pull things from tv to my comp and save movies..

i pirate way too many of those god i love netflix and having a dvr

Then again, I would prefer multiple 19-22" widescreen monitors.  I already have 2 which I put code on one and the browser on the other (to test as I go).  I want another to always be playing a movie (I have tons on my server), and another just to say I have another.  Then 2 more.  I find myself remote desktop'd into client's servers quite often so one dedicated to that would be beneficial too.  I think the multiple smaller screens would be better over 1 larger for those reasons.  Now if it were multiple 46" screens, that is altogether different.

I would love to have a dual screen set up. my sister has that at her work and i just fall everytime i see it. 2 22" montiors, one with itunes and firefox, the other excel, and outlook (for work). Right now i have a 20" LG monitor which i got for $230 almost a year ago with the resolution 1440x900. Pretty nice but id really like a dual screen set up.

2 Guys at my sisters work also have 30" monitors which i want to have sex with and steal everytime i see them. ill take a picture next time im there.

Don't think I've ever wanted to sex up a monitor....  But yeah, I eventually want to get a dual screen setup going too.  Too bad I'm cheap.  lol

Yeah screw that noise, especially with all the stupid menus and what not.

All you need is the latest codecs and a badass video card, and yer set.  I miss being at home with my 52".  I'm stuck out here at school now with just a 17" desktop and a 17" laptop with a nonworking sound card.

No sound?!  I would die!

Yeah.  I finally just got a wireless card for my desktop that actually has sound.  But for the last 2 months I've had no sound on my laptop..the internet computer.  So no instantly gratifying multimedia like youtube, etc.

I have 1gb flash drive I've been using to send my videos and songs to my desktop.  Annoying chore.

Yeah.  I finally just got a wireless card for my desktop that actually has sound.  But for the last 2 months I've had no sound on my laptop..the internet computer.  So no instantly gratifying multimedia like youtube, etc.

I have 1gb flash drive I've been using to send my videos and songs to my desktop.  Annoying chore.

Could the be the beginning of a Debian Server?

I would have ghetto bridged the connections.  Well, if I had the hardware.....  Which I wouldn't have.  lol

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.