Difference between MYSQL and DB2 IBM database

egurusoft

Hi

Can somebody tell detailed difference between Mysql and IBM's DB2 Database.

Well I am asking this question in terms of using these database fir web based projects and PHP frontend should be used.

Thank you for taking participation in this analysis.

Yours

[!--quoteo(post=387964:date=Jun 26 2006, 04:21 AM:name=egurusoft)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(egurusoft @ Jun 26 2006, 04:21 AM) [snapback]387964[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi

Can somebody tell detailed difference between Mysql and IBM's DB2 Database.

Well I am asking this question in terms of using these database fir web based projects and PHP frontend should be used.

Thank you for taking participation in this analysis.

Yours
[/quote]
I assume you're asking about the free DB2 distribution?

[!--quoteo(post=388089:date=Jun 26 2006, 11:28 AM:name=fenway)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(fenway @ Jun 26 2006, 11:28 AM) [snapback]388089[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I assume you're asking about the free DB2 distribution?
[/quote]

Well I don't know much about naming thing,
I knew that IBM delivers some opensource database like mysql that is known as DB2

it may be DB2 database or DB2 distribution,

PHP have support or say database engin which supports for that.

Thanks for your responce.

To be honest, having never used DB2 at all (or any DB other than MySQL), I can't really say.  I'm sure there are column type differences, locking differences, storage engine requirements, etc... but I can't think of anywhere that I've seen such a list.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.