Another High School Site

jcombs_31

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a business site that has a horizontal menu, and it has really hindered the growth of the site. Especially for a high school site, I'd expect that the site could eventually become much larger than anticipated, and I'd suggest using a vertical menu. Other than that, I do really like the color choices, the layout, and the overall professional look.

I have a business site that has a horizontal menu, and it has really hindered the growth of the site. Especially for a high school site, I'd expect that the site could eventually become much larger than anticipated, and I'd suggest using a vertical menu. Other than that, I do really like the color choices, the layout, and the overall professional look.

That really doesn't make much sense. The horizonal menu can have multiple tiers if necessary, but really there would be no need for the vertical menu. It would also require a 3 column site which I do not want.

That really doesn't make much sense. The horizonal menu can have multiple tiers if necessary, but really there would be no need for the vertical menu. It would also require a 3 column site which I do not want.

Sure, if you want to use javascript or some CSS solution, you can have multiple tiered menus. I just know that with my customers, who are mostly older people, many of which have computer skills that are weak at best, and many of which also have impaired vision, that these kinds of menus aren't accessible enough or simple enough for them. High school kids on the other hand would probably be in a different class of user (no pun intended). The mockup does look good though. I'm curious how you will code it, and looking forward to reviewing it later.

Hey jcomb,

I'm not sure if you are aware of what the page looks like when someone simply hits the login arrow (leaving the initial username and password fields as is), but I am led to this page. Not sure if this area is still under construction or not (seems to have missing css style sheets or something). But perhaps this is already a known issue?

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.