Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

omahonydonnelly

Form Captcha letting Unverfied Submissions Through

Recommended Posts

I am using Form Captcha by tools4php to help reduce spam through forms.  Unfortunately I just realised that the form is being submitted when no code is entered or if the code is entered incorrectly, even though the visitor is redirected to an error page and it appears that it hadn't been submitted  Has anyone else had this problem with this script/application?

 

- I've added the correct code into the php script.

- I am using my own error page.

- I've uploaded all the necessary files.

 

I don't know PHP, I've used a form generator for the form submission script (by the same guys as Form Captcha) and have just followed the instructions that came with Form Captcha.

 

Thanks, Ann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would need to post your actual code (we can only solve something when we know exactly what it is.) Either you or the script's author could have made an error (and some "security" scripts are written and published by hackers with deliberate holes in them.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummm. Those are paid scripts. You should ask the author for support for a couple of reasons -

 

A) Purchased scripts are supported by the author. That is one reason you paid for them instead of finding the equivalent script someplace for free.

 

B) The author will most likely have seen the problem and knows what do.

 

C) Being purchased scripts, they are likely encoded and we would not be able to directly help you with what they are doing internally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks -- the author actually suggested that I post here as well as having him look into it.  I think I figured it out by looking at installations that were working and those that weren't.  I had modified the HTML that was within the PHP a good bit in the ones that weren't working, so reverted back to the default script (with some tiny changes by me) and now it is working.  There must have been a character in that html that was causing the problem.  When I get time I'll go back to the author and try to get specific.  I'm just happy that the spam isn't getting through anymore.  Those nasty buggers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.