Form Captcha letting Unverfied Submissions Through

omahonydonnelly

I am using Form Captcha by tools4php to help reduce spam through forms.  Unfortunately I just realised that the form is being submitted when no code is entered or if the code is entered incorrectly, even though the visitor is redirected to an error page and it appears that it hadn't been submitted  Has anyone else had this problem with this script/application?

- I've added the correct code into the php script.

- I am using my own error page.

- I've uploaded all the necessary files.

I don't know PHP, I've used a form generator for the form submission script (by the same guys as Form Captcha) and have just followed the instructions that came with Form Captcha.

Thanks, Ann

You would need to post your actual code (we can only solve something when we know exactly what it is.) Either you or the script's author could have made an error (and some "security" scripts are written and published by hackers with deliberate holes in them.)

Ummm. Those are paid scripts. You should ask the author for support for a couple of reasons -

A) Purchased scripts are supported by the author. That is one reason you paid for them instead of finding the equivalent script someplace for free.

B) The author will most likely have seen the problem and knows what do.

C) Being purchased scripts, they are likely encoded and we would not be able to directly help you with what they are doing internally.

Thanks -- the author actually suggested that I post here as well as having him look into it.  I think I figured it out by looking at installations that were working and those that weren't.  I had modified the HTML that was within the PHP a good bit in the ones that weren't working, so reverted back to the default script (with some tiny changes by me) and now it is working.  There must have been a character in that html that was causing the problem.  When I get time I'll go back to the author and try to get specific.  I'm just happy that the spam isn't getting through anymore.  Those nasty buggers!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.