[SOLVED] unicode display problem

chrischen

I have wordpress installed and it displays all character's correctly. However I made a page myself and queried the wordpress database that contained quotes copy and pasted from microsoft word. In my custom page those characters show up as a diamond with a question mark in it. It shows up correctly in the wordpress page so how do I fix this?

The html page is set to utf-8 encoding.

Thanks,

Chris

Word sucks cus it uses some non-standard characters. I always have to go in and change them manually. You can try pasting it into Notepad first, but you will loose all your formatting.

If you don't want to paste it into notepad, go through and manually change the characters (after you paste it into WP)

The htmlentities didn't work. All it did was take the html code and convert it.

In wordpress I viewed source and the quote that I converted to work is like this “ instead of like this ". This is odd because when I view it on my custom page that retrieves it from the database for it displays as ". For the other quotes I didn't change it displays as a diamond with a question mark even in view source.

I checked the database and it's stored like “ too. The wordpress db is utf-8, so the problem is with PHP.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.