Web Re:Developer...

eaglelegend

Here are my observations..

- site does not hold well when fonts scale up in size (I would also make your fonts perhaps a little larger by default).

- Your site does not validate. Neither does your CSS.

- I wouldn't develop for 800x600 anymore.. it is pretty safe these days to consider a minimum width of 1024 pixels.. gives you more room for content.. won't feel as cramped.

Overall, it is clean and simple. The site just feels too miniaturized.

Cheers,

NRG

thanks alpha for your opinions - my site is, as like your name, alpha, not completely done, I agree the layout needs sorting, I am just waiting for adobe to release photoshop for trial soon.

also do you know any web tutorials I can use for making my site really, web 2.0 look? thanks, mark

Hey guys, can I just ask what web browsers you are using, because it is known that differnat browsers sometimes show differant outcomes sadly

My main weapon of choice these days is Google Chrome.. but I also use FireFox 3 and Opera 9.6.

If you are asking to see which ones you should develop for, I would recommend all the current major ones.. (Safari, Opera, Firefox, Chrome and IE).

If you can get your site to work well on these browsers, you are in excellent shape.

Not to ruin your day, but I went to the page and thought I was looking at one of those "This domain is parked by SomeCompany" kind of page with links to other random pages (you know what I'm talking about, right?) until I actually read it.  >_<  You might want to try something more...creative?  It just seems too err....standard?  I don't quite know how to describe it.

Hopefully someone understood that mess of words.

LOL no problem, I understand what your saying, yeah, I am just waiting to be able to actually get ahold of a copy of adobe photoshop - so I can make some designs, till then... but thanks!

Don't use Photoshop to make your designs, because all it does is slice your "layout" into a million pieces and give you crappy markup.  Create your own with CSS and the proper methods.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.