Help me with the drupal URL's

bhavik_thegame

Hii All,

I am working on Drupal right now, well, the problem I am facing is that I am not being able to track the flow bcoz I am not familiar with the urls,

for. e.g

in the <form> tag the action attribute says "action=user/manage/books/add"

What does this mean? On which page does the flow go on pressing submit?

I just want to know on which .php page does the flow goes on pressing submit...

ThanX

Drupal clean URLs don't actually exist. They are just stored in the database. When a URL is entered, the system looks in the database for that URL (or the closest URL it can find if it doesn't exist), and executes the function that is linked to that URL.

On top of this, pages also only exist in the database. Drupal only ever actually calls one page - index.php. But because of URL re-writing, you don't see that this page is being called. index.php gets all the necessary inforamation out of the database, and outputs it to the browser.

It's not set up the same way web pages traditionally have been set up.

Can I manually add a row to the database?

I am integrating a project in drupal.

By performing an "Add" operation I know which tables are being updated in the database.

But I am confused about the nid(node id I guess) and the vid(I dont know whats this), I dont know from where these 2 things are inserted in the table.

And I dont think its the right way to insert data in the database tables this way...

Or is it?

It's not. You want to write a module, and include a hook_menu() function into the module. But this is fairly advanced (even though I am saying it so easily here). You would be best off spending a little time learning how to do module development before trying this.

And I really wouldn't recommend adding stuff directly into the database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.