Passing HTML into Template Page

millsy007

I have set up two pages, content.php and template.php, I was the content.php file to contain a variable that will contain all the html for my content that will then be displayed within my template.php file, mostly this works fine. However the problem I have is that I want additional html in my content.php file so that when other people are editing it looks more like the finished file. My problem is that when I add this additional html it is being passed into the template.php file even though it is not within the content variable. Hopefully this code snippet will explain it:

template.php

<html><head><head><body
<table width="100%" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="30%" valign="top" bgcolor="#EEEEEE">
Beach Hostel is located right next to one of Holland’s beautiful beaches.   There’s nothing that can beat the sound of waves and the tranquility of the   beach-life, especially after you’ve been surrounded by the madness of the city   (of Amsterdam) for a while. This Flying Pig Hostel is known for offering you the   best chill out spot you can imagine; in this backpacker hostel you can relax,   smoke, hang out with friends, party or challenge your limits and abilities in   various beach sports!
</td>
<td width="70%" valign="top">
<?php echo $content; ?>
</td></tr></table>
</body></html>

content.php

<p>TEST CONTENT - this is displayed even though it is outside the php tags?</p>

<?php ob_start(); ?>

<p>The Beach Hostel is located right next to one of Holland’s beautiful beaches. There’s nothing that can beat the sound of waves and the tranquility of the beach-life, especially after you’ve been surrounded by the madness of the city (of Amsterdam) for a while. This Flying Pig Hostel is known for offering you the best chill out spot you can imagine; in this backpacker hostel you can relax, smoke, hang out with friends, party or challenge your limits and abilities in various beach sports!</p>
<?php 
//Assign all Page Specific variables  
$content = ob_get_contents();  
ob_end_clean();   
//Apply the template  
include("template.php");
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.