#1 michaellunsford

michaellunsford
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:41 AM

There's a "blendtrans" object that allows internet explorer to blend images, but I'm looking to blend innerHTML changes as well. Any idea what I'm looking for?

#2 nogray

nogray
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 930 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco CA

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:49 AM

you got the blendtrans for IE, for firefox, you'll need to set a javascript function to set the opacities of both objects and blend them that way. You'll need to use setInterval() to change the opacity like this

object.style.MozOpacity = ##

## is between 0.0 and 1.0

You can do the same for Opera 9.0 and higher (the newest version) by changing the CSS3 opacity property

object.style.opacity = ##

NoGray.com

#3 michaellunsford

michaellunsford
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:25 AM

That's awesome.

I'm assuming I'll need to use layers with z-indexes to get it to "blend" from one to another? That'll add some complexity.

#4 nogray

nogray
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 930 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco CA

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:15 PM

The easiest way is to use flash, works anywhere ;) and with some ActionScript (which I know nothing about) you can make the pictures dynamic.

NoGray.com

#5 michaellunsford

michaellunsford
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:48 PM

Flash MX 2004 (the version I have) has a bug importing jpegs with actionscript. I don't know if the new Flash has fixed the issue or not, and I'd have to give "the man" $399 to find out.

I did get the blend javascript working.

check it out:
[a href=\"http://www.premiumglass.com/index.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.premiumglass.com/index.html[/a]

I had to tweak some CSS just for Microsoft (surprised?), but it now appears to work on firefox (mac and win), IE (win), Safari (mac),

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users