All the Tutorials

We know very little about his family.  However, I personally talked to him over skype on several occasions.  His name was Abet Imar Maakin Tisupp (there's squiggly lines on some of those letters but my keyboard doesn't do that sort of thing). He came to America from a small village between Kabull and Shitalabad, Afghanistan, shortly after that whole "liberation" from Tali ban incident, circa 9/11. 

He never really talked about his family, but he did have a tone of sadness in his voice when mentioning his home country, as if his village no longer exists, or something.  IDK, I didn't really try to push him on the subject; not really my business. 

He did have a habit of randomly shouting in whatever Arabic dialog he natively spoke.  If I didn't know any better, I'd say he had some sort of tourette syndrome.  But it was always accompanied by loud banging noises like he was kicking things or something, so I dunno... coulda just been frustrated with his job or his lot in life or something.

I can't believe that anyone actually is believing the content in this thread. xD

Well since you guys obviously haven't gotten your secret decoder rings in the mail yet....

Abet Imar Maakin Tisupp

I bet I'm Making This up

And while Kabul (with one 'l') is indeed a city in Afghanistan, Shitalabad is not (there is, however, a Jalalabad).

So this too, is obviously KaBULL SHITalabad.

Well since you guys obviously haven't gotten your secret decoder rings in the mail yet....

Abet Imar Maakin Tisupp

I bet I'm Making This up

And while Kabul is indeed a city in Afghanistan, Shitalabad is not (there is, however, a Jalalabad).

So this too, is obviously KaBULL SHITalabad.

I caught the I Bet I'm Making This Up, but I didn't catch the Kabul Shitalabad thing, although I did find something suspicious about Shitalabad.

Yeah I thought the city name was weird.

Also, I thought it was strange that he would be a nice guy and what not, then destroy server stuff, and then y'all would go to his funeral.  Who would go to a data center guy's funeral anyway?  (A client that is, not a person in general.)

I was very skeptical, but I usually don't show my skepticism.

Hey now, he could have been really nice, but thought the computers were evil.  Maybe they were sentient and wanted to take over the world and already infected him with some kind of new biosoftware virus so he decided to take them down with him, thus saving the world.  Cuz you know, he's really nice like that. 

R.I.P.

Was he atheist or theist?

Do atheist middle-easterns/arabs even exist?

I know I live in a small country so maybe you all forgot about it... But I am an atheist- from Israel, so as far as I know I am a middle-eastern.

Quite popular here by the way, most of the (Jewish) Israeli people are atheists. I mean we all do celebrate our holidays etc', but most of the Israelis don't go as far as eating only kosher food or not using electricity/cars at Saturday.

Orio.

Also, I mean, no offense, but I don't think you really understand what being an atheist means... Simply not observing certain 'traditions' or rites or practices or beliefs does not make you an atheist.  I'm not saying you aren't an atheist, just saying...Do you believe in God or a god or some higher power or any other kind of supernatural stuff?  Atheists only believe what science can prove.

Also, I mean, no offense, but I don't think you really understand what being an atheist means... Simply not observing certain 'traditions' or rites or practices or beliefs does not make you an atheist.  I'm not saying you aren't an atheist, just saying...Do you believe in God or a god or some higher power or any other kind of supernatural stuff?  Atheists only believe what science can prove.

Eh, I'm pretty sure that atheists don't HAVE to completely believe science, but most do.  Techincally, atheism is just not believing in a god or deity.

The word comes from (in Greek):

α - not

θεό - god, phonetically translated into "theo" in English

Just my $0.02.

No, I don't believe there's a higher power. But that doesn't prevent me from celebrating our holidays with my family, or from having a big dinner with family/friends every Friday evening.

You can call me "traditional", but at least here in Israel being traditional means more than what I've stated above (for an example- eating only kosher food or going to the synagogue every Friday/Saturday). That's why I am classifying myself as an atheist.

Orio.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.