Re done

dropfaith

Much better than the previous iteration.

- I'm admittedly not a huge fan of large headers.. this one isn't so bad per say.. but taller than I personally like (but this is more of a subjective opinion).

- On the topic of headers, while I like the image, the lack of colour (and the nature of the photo) overall feels less welcoming.. If the header contained a nice colour photo of something more welcoming, it wouldn't feel so gloomy.

- I think the date would be best at the top than along the bottom of the page.. seems awkward there.

Other than that, a much better version.. the navigation is much cleaner.

Cheers,

NRG

nice so the only issue you see is the header?

im happy about that cause im not too sure on the header yetmyself it was the first of many images im looking into using

i  plot to rotate them thru a php script i have written based on time this was my nighttime one (yes i did nighttime first) the only thing changing will be the header image tho..

where up top do you think the clocl should go?

im fine moving it but not sure where plus that will give me space for xhtml and css validation links

The navigation bar isn't that easy to look at. In my opinion, they'd look better if they were all black. Maybe have the text white on normal, and #CCCCCC on rollover.

The header image looks a little distorted in regards to its quality. Have you resized it down?

The advert banner to the right should be given a 10 pixel padding from the top.

The text on the main page is a little big. Have you thought about using a font size of 12? It'll look a lot more petite.

It was the farm one. My monitor is pretty sensitive to this stuff. I could see a few stretches on it.

Also, I was looking at the body and realised that the heading to the page was included in a numerical bullet point. Would it not be better to place this heading as an actual heading and THEN start with the bullet points?

Sorry man, I'm just OCD on stuff like this. My last manager was a real ******** for small details. I figured that it would be good to tell you all of this because usually criticism sticks with us and helps us stride towards perfection. (Which we will never reach but that's another debate :) )

I personally find the font size ok.. In either case, one should be able to bump up or down the fonts in their browser (Ctrl plus +) and (Ctrl plus -) kind of thing.

Granted, I am viewing all this on a smaller laptop with a high enough resolution.. so that may also account to why the font size looks comfortable.

ha no its all good im trying to keep up and edit some banners at the same time (which may be why they look skewed a bit im doing them really fast ill go back and tweak them later and get the images right ..

im really color testing and making sure things work

font-size now 12

spelling error fixed

Heading no longer inside bullet list

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.