New Design

adamwhiles

I finally got my site working somewhat, I just wanted to get some comments on the overall layout and look of the site. I was using a template for some free blogging software and decided I wanted something of my own, all php/mysql code and graphic design is my own.

Some of the function don't work yet, such as comments and the sections area isn't functional yet, but I just want an overal idea of what people think.

Thanks in advanced for your comments.

my site is [a href=\"http://www.adamwhiles.com\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.adamwhiles.com[/a]

It looks ok. A few points:

I hope you didnt do too much work - because these features and design is pretty much available out of the box with wordpress etc.

It would be nice to put your TOP banner as a <a href to your homepage/website.

Other than that - its grand.

posts.php?month=6
What are you going to do about next year!?

Your sign-up form is very yellow. Text is black for a reason.

Best of Luck,
-steve

Signup Form:

Reason the fields are yellow is if you have that google toolbar and autofill is turned on for forms, it will highlight some form fields yellow.

The Next Year Thing:

I think I will be doing something like this, posts.php?Year=2006&Month=6
But I havn't started on that yet, since I still have a few more months to worry about it lol

Top Banner:

Thanks, thats a great idea about linking it to the home page.

Also, you said I could get that with wordpress. That may be true but then again I wouldn't have the satisfaction of knowing I done it on my own and its mine. You know what I mean?

Thanks for the comments.

Hey,
I like the overall design, very clean and sleek and orange! I think it's pretty cool.

The only thing that I found is with your "contact us" you have it as a mailto: link ...just make a contact form page. I don't want to wait for my e-mail to open up to tell you something, I just want a form.

But...just my thoughts. I like the page though.

-Chris

<quote>
Signup Form:

Reason the fields are yellow is if you have that google toolbar and autofill is turned on for forms, it will highlight some form fields yellow.
</quote>
I dont have a google toolbar. The fields are orange.

I know you might have the satisfaction, but Im willing to bet - I can get a bug in your code ;-) Waiting for a test acc.....!

Rgds,
Steve

You are not strict enough with your user input.

You allow single quotes in usernames and you dont stripslashes.

You emailed me saying my username was steve/'o. This username does not work. Its steve'o. Get the idea?

You allow html tags in comments - not a great idea.
I can put nasty iframe tags showing some nasty content on your pages.

You also dont review comments.

Also - found a bug I cant even figure out.
For [a href=\"http://www.adamwhiles.com/comments.php?postno=16\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.adamwhiles.com/comments.php?postno=16[/a]
there are 4 comments. After i put some html tags in, only 1 comment with the iframe shows up.

Anyways - ill leave it there.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.