Windows 7

The Little Guy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait wait wait....there's actual classes for learning how to use a mouse??? I've got 4 kids.  Youngest one is almost 2.  Even she has figured out she can move it around and zooooom goes the arrow and she can click and double click the button and make all sorts of things pop up.

Don't forget the "Triple Click" to select a line or paragraph! (if they know how)

Also, isn't the job of the program to be compatible with the OS, not the other way around?

So, we'll need a different operating system for every program ;)

wait wait wait....there's actual classes for learning how to use a mouse??? I've got 4 kids.  Youngest one is almost 2.  Even she has figured out she can move it around and zooooom goes the arrow and she can click and double click the button and make all sorts of things pop up.

No.  It's about design, but she covered the absolute basics like the first two days.  25-20 years ago it would have been understandable, but now, what person in high school doesn't have at least basic knowledge of computers?  I went to sleep, and she kept glaring at me according to the person next to me.  lol

It's the most retarded class ever.  She babysits, not teaches.  We follow a book about InDesign and Photoshop.  OMG I KNOW HOW TO CROP A PICTURE!!!!!!!!

No.  It's about design, but she covered the absolute basics like the first two days.  25-20 years ago it would have been understandable, but now, what person in high school doesn't have at least basic knowledge of computers?  I went to sleep, and she kept glaring at me according to the person next to me.  lol

It's the most retarded class ever.  She babysits, not teaches.  We follow a book about InDesign and Photoshop.  OMG I KNOW HOW TO CROP A PICTURE!!!!!!!!

Sounds like my VET Multimedia class. I just whizzed through that. Here we are designing web pages in Dreamweavers design mode. I was like, pfft.. Went to the code mode. She yelled at me and said that I should be doing what everyone else is doing. She taught as nothing about HTML, even though I know it. But come the exam, a hell of a lot of questions were on HTML and everyone else in the class struggled because she didn't teach it because she didn't no it.

Wow.. a mid-2009 release. This speaks volumes of the sales issues M$ is having if they are shoving 7 out the door this quick. As noted in the link, I too was hearing 2011 (as apparently, XP's life shelf has been extended till 2011 due to piss poor Vista sales).

I certainly hope for M$'s sake that version 7 will be solid and stable upon arrival.. I think this is the last thing they need, is another fumble.

Sounds like my VET Multimedia class. I just whizzed through that. Here we are designing web pages in Dreamweavers design mode. I was like, pfft.. Went to the code mode. She yelled at me and said that I should be doing what everyone else is doing. She taught as nothing about HTML, even though I know it. But come the exam, a hell of a lot of questions were on HTML and everyone else in the class struggled because she didn't teach it because she didn't no it.

Computer classes ran by teacher who don't care or are just stupid piss me off more than anything in the world.  If you don't care, don't pretend to.  If you're stupid, just go away.  It's simple.  I took DTP for an easy class, and it's just obnoxious because she never shuts the hell up or just lets us follow the book, even though that's all we do.  WOOO PRETENDING TO BE A TEACHER!

Semi-on-topic:

Anyone else see that?  It wasn't funny at all.  Just annoying.  The Ubuntu joke at the end didn't even make sense either, especially if they had taken into consideration that the average viewer will go "You what?"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.