[SOLVED] Ajaxified CMS need design guide

nadeemshafi9

hello guys

i have a very complex DB 60 tables m:m rels and im gona create a new interface to it which is click and update on the spot on the page.

ok i have tried a few ways with many frameworks

i mean i tried one way with no framework

i need to update a feild most of which are varchar enum or int

for these i will have different interfaces eg a multiple file uploader, an image uploader and other types of relationship makers and selection boxes.

i dont whant to have to make one for each tabel.

so i need to make a generic form building script which makes a form based on what table and what feild type.

anyways should i use framework like prototype, im finding it easier to use normal js as it has a normal syntax.

any ideas and any other ways i could go abouts making this ?

You could try Zend_Form for a "form building script". You can take it out of the framework, but you would probably want to check its dependencies first.

what iv done is i have taken the old system and taken all the admin pages whith there controlers and views from the admin directory and copied them into a directory called AJAX

now i modified each so they work correctly and instead of submitting they call a js function to do a AJAX post

when i press edit on a page on the front end of the site the page element which i wish to update or edit is replaced with the admin page form

the response of which after update is pressed is the same front end page element which is re-read from the database and re displayed by the admin page into the front end via ajax response.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.